Monday 7 September 2009

Big Toe 07/09/2009

Subject: big toe
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 10:04:06 +0000

Hope you are all doing well.

I have now walked over 180 odd km towards Santiago and only another 4 weeks to go!Its been an adventure so far.The first day through the mountains was very difficult and also very dangerous. Its advised that people should not walk it in rainy or foggy conditions.....its also 18 km without passing another town, house etc. many people have died at some point along the camino and one year 3 woman broke their nose as they were approaching Roncesvalles from st jean pied de port.

As I'm sure you have guessed..... I walked it in the rain. Its was horrible but quite an accomplishment! I could only see 5 meters ahead and it was difficult seeing the yellows arrows etc but I made it in the end.

Today I am in Santo Domingo de la Calzada, I have met so many lovely people and every day I have learnt something else about my self. Some days are bigger than others but its all good. 

easy lesson: I have never bought delicate fabric clothing because I thought hand washing wasn't really washing but I seem to be quite good at washing my laundry in a sink and well when I return to London I might start buying dedicates

bigger lesson: I have also realized that my body is much stronger than I thought. I can walk over 33 km a day with a bag on my shoulders and still not collapse!I also thought that if I get injured It might be a bit problematic.... but its not so bad!

Kill Bill moment.... Think back to the film when Uma Thurman is in the pussy wagan talking to her toe

Its now been 5 days and I have no feeling in my left big toe. Its actually a little scary as the other 4 toes are lugging the dead weight along. I have also decided that my big toe is a male so I talk to him. after day 3 I thought I should see a doctor as its not getting better. My the nice Spanish doctor in the Emergency room in Logrono said that its just a bad case of tendinitis and when I'm back to London it will get better. As I am walking so much daily I wont really feel it while I am here. She has given me a prescription of ibuprofen so that helps a little.

I have so much more to say but I have to go but please send me texts and emails if you have time. I would love to hear how you are all doing

Be wellLeenaxxPS sorry about the spelling mistakes


No comments: