Skip to main content

Big Toe 07/09/2009

Subject: big toe
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 10:04:06 +0000

Hope you are all doing well.

I have now walked over 180 odd km towards Santiago and only another 4 weeks to go!Its been an adventure so far.The first day through the mountains was very difficult and also very dangerous. Its advised that people should not walk it in rainy or foggy conditions.....its also 18 km without passing another town, house etc. many people have died at some point along the camino and one year 3 woman broke their nose as they were approaching Roncesvalles from st jean pied de port.

As I'm sure you have guessed..... I walked it in the rain. Its was horrible but quite an accomplishment! I could only see 5 meters ahead and it was difficult seeing the yellows arrows etc but I made it in the end.

Today I am in Santo Domingo de la Calzada, I have met so many lovely people and every day I have learnt something else about my self. Some days are bigger than others but its all good. 

easy lesson: I have never bought delicate fabric clothing because I thought hand washing wasn't really washing but I seem to be quite good at washing my laundry in a sink and well when I return to London I might start buying dedicates

bigger lesson: I have also realized that my body is much stronger than I thought. I can walk over 33 km a day with a bag on my shoulders and still not collapse!I also thought that if I get injured It might be a bit problematic.... but its not so bad!

Kill Bill moment.... Think back to the film when Uma Thurman is in the pussy wagan talking to her toe

Its now been 5 days and I have no feeling in my left big toe. Its actually a little scary as the other 4 toes are lugging the dead weight along. I have also decided that my big toe is a male so I talk to him. after day 3 I thought I should see a doctor as its not getting better. My the nice Spanish doctor in the Emergency room in Logrono said that its just a bad case of tendinitis and when I'm back to London it will get better. As I am walking so much daily I wont really feel it while I am here. She has given me a prescription of ibuprofen so that helps a little.

I have so much more to say but I have to go but please send me texts and emails if you have time. I would love to hear how you are all doing

Be wellLeenaxxPS sorry about the spelling mistakes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should have declined the call

Holy fuckeroo! I wanted to end the month of May with other blog worthy topic but I had a call a few hours ago that I need to write about.  From the last entry you’ll see that my dad was in the A&E with a UTI. Then the following week my sister was rushed to the A&E with a pseudo brain tumor. She had gone for a routine eye test and they saw something. Fast forward blood tests, CT scans, MRI, lumbar puncture, neurological doctors and more optometrists. She will survive! (she has Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension) She can’t change her gender (let’s not go there), or her age, but she can change her weight and get to a healthy BMI. I have thoughts on that too but she is choosing to take meds with side effects while working on her weight.  Her body, her life, her decisions. She’s been trying to help my dad pack. He moves out of his house of 30 years. I’ve declined flying across the pond. My bro who is 5 hours away has also opted no. So my sister and my father’s ex wif...

Oh no… this isn’t great but maybe it is.

​ Oh no people! I had other things I wanted to talk about today but this entry has been trumped by recent events. My sister called my mom over to her place and asked my mom to drive her to the ER of the local psych hospital. This is good, this is also sad.  Sad for so so many reason. (PS. Please skip this entry if it’s too triggering) I apologise now for going off tangent.  Over a decade ago in the UK I had a male friend who was not doing well at all. He was in a UK psych ward. When the staff were looking he managed to take his own life.  As per the hospital where my sister is at. We once had a family friend whose adult son was not doing well. He was going to the psych hospital daily for treatment but really needed to be an inpatient. They didn’t have the space to keep him in. Sadly one evening at home, he took his life.  I have strong feelings about the Hospital where my sister is at. Where to start…. My first job at 16 was at McDonalds. I worked a lot despite being...

Jacintha Saldanha

Before I carry on I would like to add that everything I am about to say are my thoughts only. So this weekend has been odd. Major thinking… too much thinking. I’m hoping that this quick blog entry will somehow make some of you think a little differently today. It all started on Friday afternoon when I was driving home from work listening to the radio when the news came on. I was in absolute shock / horror when I heard that Jacintha Saldanha had taken her own life. ( I would like to add that the coroner report has not come back yet and it is a long process. The cause of her death is still unknown) From this last comment of mine you may guess that I actually have had great deal of exposure of suicide and I know those that have chosen to ‘check out early’. Sadly I guess I need to say known because they are now dead. This radio hoax is awful but my initial thoughts and current thoughts are about how fragile we are as humans. Mental health is such an important and neglected ...