Tuesday 26 August 2014

Bank Holiday Monday August 25th 2014

The first thing was trying to get Tuesday off. One quick text and success! I don't need to be in until Wednesday. A nice short work week. 

The day started off well, I carried on sorting and chucking out things I don't need. I have a few piles going on. 
Bin, skip, charity and eBay. I'm hoping the eBay stuff will sell well and go towards debts. 

I'm being a good Mary Poppins when the sadness hits me again like a wave. It freaks me out how quickly it comes. I've mourned many before but it's never been like this. Boom! Out of nowhere I'm crying. I pull myself together and decide I need to talk to someone who knows me. Someone who knows that I'm a happy person, not a sad one. I called Steph in Italy. 

When you've known someone since the age of 7, all you need to say is 'Hey' and they know. I told her about Mark and cried about other things. We discussed my family. Steph knows them and their situations. When ever I cry it's for a mix of anything or everything. Remember I don't cry often.

After I got off of the phone I decided, it's time to get out of the house for a bit. I needed a little outing but something productive. One of my tumbler glasses has chipped. It's a beautiful glass and aesthetically pleasing. Oval on the bottom and circular at the top. I discovered it at fifteen when I went out with my mom for my 30th. I had bought my set at Heals and so that's where I would head. 

I decided that some easy company and a friend would be grand. I called Alex. He's normally really busy but he was free. Alex like Tim is a good story. In October 2012 we sat next to each other on a flight from Lisbon back to London. We spoke most of the flight and here we are now. Alex is gay and I often end up telling him how gay he is in a sweet joking way. 

He picked me up from Heal's who no longer stock the tumbler and we then headed to another one of my favourite department store in London. Selfridges... The yellow bag brings joy. (Yes it's superficial, I know - but who cares)

He had a few things on his list which he got and then we ended up in the wine / alcohol section. I've been looking for St.Germain for ages and guess who had a massive display of it! :-) just the other day I found a store that was selling it for £35. My bottle was £28 bargain!

We were about to head off when Alex decided we should go to the champagne bar.... And so we did. They didn't have any desert wines by the glass (my fav). Alex ordered a Riesling and I thought why not. I had a sip and it was good, so I ordered a glass. One glass later and I had the giggles.

As we're finally, finally leaving Selfridges we pass Krispy Kream. It's pure sugar and bad for me...but sometimes it's ok. 
It was delicious!

We finished our evening at a pub/restaurant where I had filet of sole. My vegetarian days are kinda of on the back burner. I've been quite a pescatarian recently and I'm enjoying it. I had the best sushi last week! It was amazing!

Once I was at home and tucked in bed Steph messaged me to see how I am. Again... Very cheesy but this is what she wrote: You are a good person and I love you. I'm always inspired by your happiness and depth and insight.

And so at 3:56am (couldn't sleep) I would like to sign off with a good quote.

Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation. -Brian Tracy

Oops and lastly! What have I been listing to! Remember there is always music playing!

I'm currently loving:

Clock Opera - Once and for all
Jessie Ware - Tough Love
Interpol - All the rage back home
Cat Power - The Greatest 

No comments: