Thursday 12 September 2024

Big Changes

So I think this image says it all, plus it’s a great place to start with some life changes. (This is where you get the drum 🥁 roll out)

I’m not vegan anymore. I never ever thought this day would come. I was sooo sure that I was vegan for life. I even had the T-shirt made. That’s how sure I was. 

Let’s backtrack. I first went vegan as a challenge to myself to see if I could do it. Then within days I started feeling better, as time went on, I got more involved in the movement etc. Then as the years went on and Veganism had its hay day, vegan processed food became more readily available. This was my downfall. Inflammation increased, I became lazier and now I’m back to square one, unhealthy again.

At the beginning of the year (2024) the seed was planted that something had to change. My brain 🧠 was leading, or actually it was shouting with starvation. It needed more brain fats and I was / am fed up with this ADHD business. 

My dad’s brain function has been decreasing and he is progressively showing early fast signs of dementia. (He is so intertwined in the Canadian medical system, that there is little I can do for him in the UK. He needs someone who’s going to cook for him. - side note: that’s a little bit of why I lived with him after the folks got divorced).

Anyhow, I was on instagram one June morning and saw that a nutritionist that I knew of, was doing a book launch on brain 🧠 health. It was that evening, and only an hour from where I was… so why not. 

That evening and the day before the solstice I met the Lion. He’s a pretty smart guy and knew much of what the nutritionist was educating us all on. Again, omegas were a critical part of the healing / feeding. That evening I was the only one eating vegan while the others had a fish curry. 

What happened is that I got off of my high horse… in the weeks that followed I slowly brought fish and eggs (expensive ones with golden yolk - one day I’ll have my own chickens) into the picture. Organic grass fed ghee and cut out all processed food. I mostly snack on fruit now. I’m going pretty easy on the dairy. 

I haven’t had any animals as yet, not sure if I can do that just yet, or is there even a yet. I’m a pescatarian. I’m sticking to fish vs other sea creatures. 

So that’s my big whopping news… people can change their beliefs. 

And then there are beliefs that have never changed. If you go back to the image, everything that is said, is what I want, and will eventually have. I might not have it yet but trust me. I will. I’ll be with someone where I don’t have to work. (Don’t get that mistaken with still earning some money)

I have always, always, always wanted to be a house wife, though it’s more of being the CEO of our household. It’s ok to want things that aren’t the “Norm”.

The quote above the image comes from https://kimanami.com She is totally worth a listen. Either her podcasts or her instagram.

Next post is from Spain.

Cant wait to leave this weather.

No comments: