Friday 5 December 2014

I'm home!!!!

Wow! I'm home after 5 years but it feels like 20! 

My dad has and will always be a character, even more so when he is in his own environment. When he visits me in London he is a little more mellow. 

He absolutes adores his 3 kids, me, my sis and bro. The fact that we are old doesn't change a thing. He treats me the same way I was when I was 16. I think when I'm with my dad, I feel like I'm 16.

A few things have changed but nothing major. I arrived at 21:00 and now it's 23:00. I've had a snoop amongst my things and opened a box that kept important things. 

I love this note, it sums the man up. 


The next pic is one of the many funny conversations I will have with him while I am here. He has way too much stuff (so do I, it's a bad trait I've got from him) and so when I'm here I try and help him. I don't have to do very much other than tell him what to do. I must sound so bossy but he just does what we ask him to do. So this evening, I pointed to a box that's on the living room. This is a pretty big house for one person and there are a million better places for this box to go if it need to be kept. He opens the box and is full of greeting cards. They are separated into groups. The first batch are cards that read, it's a boy! My brother was born 25 years ago. Time for my brother to take these cards off my dad and keep them of he wishes. The next bundle that we looked at were cards to my parents when they were a couple. 


This card is from my sister to my folks. So my dad then comes out with, I'm not sure what to do? I think I should ask your mom? 

I'm so lucky my divorced parents speak to each other and help each other out to this day. My mom has had a rough year, too much to explain and non of your business however my dad said she could stay here. Until recently she actually lived here and was keeping my empty bedroom company. 

Anyhow! It's 5am British time. I best get to sleep. It's nice to be back 

No comments: