Skip to main content

Cruise Day 7 - May 8th 2026

​Today has been a lot harder for no particular reason other than it’s a lot. It makes me think of life partners and spouses. Finding a person who you can be with at the same time is not actually doing things. I see so many couples that keep so busy, that that’s the way they survive. I also think it’s why some people stay together. They know how to live with that other person, and any change is too much. They aren’t always happier but the change is a step too far. 

I’m digressing and going on a tangent. 


Several hours later. I’ll give you bulet points 


  • my mom pre paid for a photo package of 20 digital prints. 154 pictures were taken, I gave up helping them choose. My mom paid so really I think her say is good enough.
  • My dad was melting on the outdoor decks and near the pool. He then went to change and came back in some questionable shorts. I asked him why he didn’t wear swimming shorts / trunks and he said he didn’t want to go into the water. Fair enough. Then he said, I’m not even sure what I’m wearing, I think I wear this to sleep. 
  • I talked to a 27 year old American girl who has lived in 3 different states. She was about to start law school at 22 and applied for a job, she lied in her application but got the job. 5 years later she is still there, she moved up the ladder is on a good wage and she has paid off her student debt. Additionally she asked about the UK government and if we have a president. I said prime minister and more or less left it at that. 
  • My brother came back to his room last night at three am. Those gays sure do get out. If you didn’t already know, my brother is gay. There is an LGBT meet-up that happens nightly and he’s made lots of friends. Good for him. 
  • Last night at dinner it was just me and my bro at the table in the grand dinning room at the end of the meal. He was telling me how his new friends have invited him to gay day at October fest. Maybe it has a different name but you get the drift. I was then asking about the gay party scene. My brother and his crew don’t do drugs. None of my parents 3 children do. He was saying that a lot of gay men are very conscious of their looks and appearance. Alcohol is too high in calories so that’s why so many of them take substances instead. Shit reason in my opinion, but each to their own. I’m pleased that this is not my brother’s normal circle of friends. After dinner he gave me a hug. That’s new. 
  • Side note re dinner at the dinning table and my own family that I will one day (god willing) make. We will all sit at the table and leave when everyone is done. In my opinion it’s just the polite thing to do. However I’m not on this trip to point out their faults. If there are any, I just write about them here. I can tell you that I have remained seated and only left the table when the last person is ready to go. You can only control what you can control. Staggered exits haven’t happened at every meal, just some. 
  • My mom’s been talking about all her future trips, holidays, etc. Guess she’s forgotten about the fact that she may be having her gallbladder removed and only a few months ago she called in hysterics that she was going to die. (Go back and read a previous entry on that)
  • I’ve met a nice Panamanian 🇵🇦 diplomat and her mom who are holidaying together. Tomorrow when we disembark I’ll take the bus the locals take into Panama City from Colon where the cruise ends. My bro will come with me. The other 3 go straight to the airport. 
  • Man… I’ve just remembered that my dad will cry tomorrow, actually I think my sister and mom awill too. They are an emotional bunch. 
  • How about these legs?? Hot don’t you think… now to get the rest of this body to match. 


  • I keep on watching the different shapes and bodies of these fellow cruisers. If suddenly everyone on this ship turned into cannibals, we would still be doomed. Yes these people are huge but soooo unhealthy. 
  • I’ve also been brainstorming how much weight I can loose in the 3 weeks recovery post surgery. I’ll have to get out and walk. I have a mini trampoline at home but probably not a good idea with a nose job. Do your noses move when you’re on a trampoline. Text me and tell me. 

Ok folks, shower time.. I’m a few shades darker now and I’m got a good dose of vitamin D. Zero sunblock, no burns, no sunglasses. 


Laters Gators 🐊 


18:00 - 45 minutes until dinner and I should be packing but I’m beat. Cruise ships ask for your luggage to be outside of your room for 20:00. Then they move it to a section that’s easy to unload at 7:30 in the morning. 


I brought way too much in clothing but then made the effort to wear it all too. 


It’s weird when you don’t see you family often or any regular basis. All you can say is, I’ll see you when I see you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should have declined the call

Holy fuckeroo! I wanted to end the month of May with other blog worthy topic but I had a call a few hours ago that I need to write about.  From the last entry you’ll see that my dad was in the A&E with a UTI. Then the following week my sister was rushed to the A&E with a pseudo brain tumor. She had gone for a routine eye test and they saw something. Fast forward blood tests, CT scans, MRI, lumbar puncture, neurological doctors and more optometrists. She will survive! (she has Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension) She can’t change her gender (let’s not go there), or her age, but she can change her weight and get to a healthy BMI. I have thoughts on that too but she is choosing to take meds with side effects while working on her weight.  Her body, her life, her decisions. She’s been trying to help my dad pack. He moves out of his house of 30 years. I’ve declined flying across the pond. My bro who is 5 hours away has also opted no. So my sister and my father’s ex wif...

Oh no… this isn’t great but maybe it is.

​ Oh no people! I had other things I wanted to talk about today but this entry has been trumped by recent events. My sister called my mom over to her place and asked my mom to drive her to the ER of the local psych hospital. This is good, this is also sad.  Sad for so so many reason. (PS. Please skip this entry if it’s too triggering) I apologise now for going off tangent.  Over a decade ago in the UK I had a male friend who was not doing well at all. He was in a UK psych ward. When the staff were looking he managed to take his own life.  As per the hospital where my sister is at. We once had a family friend whose adult son was not doing well. He was going to the psych hospital daily for treatment but really needed to be an inpatient. They didn’t have the space to keep him in. Sadly one evening at home, he took his life.  I have strong feelings about the Hospital where my sister is at. Where to start…. My first job at 16 was at McDonalds. I worked a lot despite being...

Jacintha Saldanha

Before I carry on I would like to add that everything I am about to say are my thoughts only. So this weekend has been odd. Major thinking… too much thinking. I’m hoping that this quick blog entry will somehow make some of you think a little differently today. It all started on Friday afternoon when I was driving home from work listening to the radio when the news came on. I was in absolute shock / horror when I heard that Jacintha Saldanha had taken her own life. ( I would like to add that the coroner report has not come back yet and it is a long process. The cause of her death is still unknown) From this last comment of mine you may guess that I actually have had great deal of exposure of suicide and I know those that have chosen to ‘check out early’. Sadly I guess I need to say known because they are now dead. This radio hoax is awful but my initial thoughts and current thoughts are about how fragile we are as humans. Mental health is such an important and neglected ...