So! I made it though another day. I’ve had very little food. My tunacado sandwich from Joe & Juice felt like I was eating razor blades. Then there is gut pain too. I use to like that sandwich as well. Keep everything crossed for the Thursday test.
At lunch today I had a nice chat with a colleague. I was praising her for her decisions when it came to raising her 2 kids. From ages zero to 2, the only people with them were, mom, dad and grandparents. No nursery, day care, child minder etc. as we were in a coffee shop I was saying that really we are all a representation of who we were between 0 to 5. I’m not explaining this well now but it made sense when we chatted.
Another thing that I like about this family is the 4 of them can all see each other’s location. This is a level of transparency I have not seen. It’s sweet too. On holiday, mom left her phone as that last location and son, tracked it, went back and came back with the phone in a jiffy.
On the topic of kids. During my 10 minutes a day of instagram I saw a post, of couple expecting their first child. They are both proud of the fact that they haven’t read any books and will wing it. This is based in her mom who did the same. Well my thoughts are interesting. Winging it 150 years ago made more sense back then. There was less distractions, village mentality existed and people paid more attention. I’m also super biased as my degree was literally called. Birth and Beyond. It’s a damn shame really. I’ve already seen online all the shite they have bought. Why not save your money and just get a cook or cleaner for a few weeks. That’s what you’ll need. Not all this crap that dulls your natural human instincts. Oh well… not my problem.
Today is 30 years since my grandmother died. My mom’s mom. She was class (god I sound British there). She had 13 children as was illiterate. She instilled a lot of respect and good values. There is almost no real bickering amongst the family. When there is drama and people not talking to one another, that’s down to one person. Dare you to guess who? Yep… that would be my mom. Embarrassing really isn’t it. On a more positive note. My mom has patched up the bridges she burned and they all talk to one another. I really hope she’s turned a leaf for the good.
My grandmother had a lot on her plate. The 13 kids was the easy part, having an alcoholic for husband was the harder part. I wish she never had to deal with that. I also wish that my uncle didn’t follow in the same steps. Oh and my cousin too. God it’s shit to thing think that 3 men in my family have all actually died of alcoholism. I attended all of their funerals. At no point was it even openly discussed or mentioned that they were alcoholics. I know addiction is hard but what can’t we talk about it. Help that person that is hurting etc.

Alcohol is on my mind for a few reasons. Firstly the festival. The amount of alcohol consumed was unreal. The difference between this festival, and one with a younger demographic is how seasoned the drinker is. These people are very functional. I’m not saying they do or don’t have a substance problem. What I’m saying is they consume a lot. They had these containers that had cider, then there was carafes of wine, plus standard beer. What was wild for me as an observer is their ability to handle the alcohol. Yes I’m sure by the time the nights over they are drunk, but god they drank like fishes. Maybe they all have super strong good livers. On the topic of livers, even though the deceased family members abused their livers. They must have been strong. My liver doesn’t particularly seem to be very strong at all.
Second reason it’s on my mind. Colleague and I were talking about the festival and alcohol consumption. She gave it up a few years ago and her husband has followed. She was saying how it’s a group 1 carcinogen the same as asbestos and tobacco. (I did not know that).
Anyhow sorry this is dull, I’m just trying to stay consistent
No comments:
Post a Comment