Detox Hibernation has begun

So I’ve officially begun and it’s feeling good. I actually started my changes on August 31st. 


Here is a quick recap of what the 3 month plan is. 

  • Cook and eat at home. No restaurants or takeout other than date night / date days.
  • Date days are when me, myself and I go and do something 
  • I’m not seeing my people other than pre planned dates that were agreed months ago.
  • Decline any new plans in the 3 month window 
  • Limit instagram to 10 minutes a day, that is mostly to see how Renee is doing. 
  • No posting on instagram grid or stories. 
  • No passive TV or film watching. I’m allowing short 20 minutes when I’m eating. (It’s shit eating in front of the TV but trust me, single life can be dull)
  • Leave the house daily. This is regardless of weather, exceptions are if I’m ill. 
  • Try really hard to get 12,000 steps. AI has said that I will need 12 to 14k a day to loose weight. 

So far so good. 


Because I’m not numbing my brain on TV and social media, I have a lot of time. I clean more and listen to way more podcasts. Audio books too.


I’ll probably do a blog entry on my favourite books, and podcasts.


My walk this morning was 2 hours. I’m not very fast at all. I don’t even know if this will work, I need to add more I know, let’s just build this new routine first.


I’m uber grateful for James Sexton and Scott Galloway. I’m so infatuated with these men that it’s funny. I listen to everything they put out and I’ve read their books too. A functioning balanced brain is sexy and hot! James has been in therapy for 20 years and Scott has done loads of work, he’s also aware of his own issue. (Both of them do loads of podcasts)


Now for some more changes or plans. I was about to make a big decision but I’m going to wait for the 3 months and then decide for sure. 


I start my homeopathy course in October and that’s 3 years. 


But here is what I’m pretty certain that I’ll do. I’m going to get back to volunteering. I start volunteering in high school and then did 4 years in my early 30’s. I miss is so much. 


The next question is what. It will either be with kids, young vulnerable mothers or in a hospice. I know somehow that I’ll be a death doula one day. Hospice work now will ease me into that for later. 


I believe death is as important as birth. I also think it needs thought and consideration. Lastly no part of me if scared of it or avoiding it. I mean I’m not trying to die etc but I know it’s coming when my times up. It pisses me off immensely how so many people are afraid of even taking about it or writing a will. Do they really think they will live forever?


Now let’s bring this back to alignment and outgrowing my people. I’m not saying this with judgement at all. 


I’m someone that believes in better, bettering themselves, others around them etc. I believe in, it’s takes a village. 


My friends are kind people, they mostly treat people well, they live well, they travel well. One of them visits his schizophrenic aunt weekly. 


I suppose for me I want to be on my deathbed and I can say I made a difference, not just for my offspring, close friends and family but for strangers too. 


A manger friend once said this to me:


We are measured in the things we do. And the joy we bring. 

The Athenians used to say that when you die your heart was weighted against your bad deeds.


Let’s go off on a side note, This manager wanted to sleep with me, he would give me so much attention. He even gave me one of my most favourite gifts of all time. He knitted me some pink slippers. A man who can knit 🧶 is HOT. He learned when he was in the army. - Oh and he was married so that was a no go. 


As for bad deeds, guys… I’m so boring now. Or you could say I’m a very good girl. Any excitement, naughtiness or bad deeds were all over a decade ago. Maybe even 15 years. 


Time to hit the hay and get up early again to go on my 2 hour walk with podcasts in my ears. 

X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should have declined the call

My nervous system and an hour later

Oh no… this isn’t great but maybe it is.