Skip to main content

It's going... Mostly well

This entry is for Adam... Who was waiting to be named dropped :-)

So folks it's been a few days now since I wrote last. 

Most days and moments are not too bad. Some are even very good. 

Today's had been interesting. I'm now entering the stage of anger when it comes to grief. All I want to do is kick some ass or tell people where to go. On a twisted positive note, the deep sadness is going although of course there will be a part that that will always stay. 

A colleague really annoyed me and man did I want to tell them where to go. But I didn't because I'm better than them. Some people have nothing better to do with their life than to sweat the small stuff. I actually just feel sorry for this person, however they made a bad decision today. I've cut my ties.

What else, I've been so lucky with all the people that have been texting and emailing me. I shouldn't use this blog to brag constantly but I can't help myself. 

The smaller the gesture the bigger it is for me. 

Here is some of the greatness I've encountered. Texts, emails, hugs, lunch time walks, walks to the vending machine. 

I think there are moments where I look like I'm lost. Today a colleague who doesn't know me, or anything that is going on with me, came up to me and asked if I need a hand. (I've only been in my new role for about a month) I immediately told her, "Thank you, but now I'm going to cry." Then I did for about 2 seconds. Poor girl, I'm sure she wasn't expecting that! Oops

Kindness is such a funny thing. 

An hour later I receive an email from a work friend. The first line had me going again! He wrote, 'I wish there was more I can do for you'. My reply to him and all the others, is they have done so much for me as it is and I'm so very, very grateful. 

This morning I was thinking of a new-ish friend who I haven't seen or spoken to in a while. She is mom with a 2 year old and very busy. 
Low and behold I get a text from her inviting me to her sons birthday party on Sunday. She wrote, there will be lots of nice food and nice people! I'm in! I can't wait, I'm sure I'll report back.

Well that's about it for now. I love you all xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should have declined the call

Holy fuckeroo! I wanted to end the month of May with other blog worthy topic but I had a call a few hours ago that I need to write about.  From the last entry you’ll see that my dad was in the A&E with a UTI. Then the following week my sister was rushed to the A&E with a pseudo brain tumor. She had gone for a routine eye test and they saw something. Fast forward blood tests, CT scans, MRI, lumbar puncture, neurological doctors and more optometrists. She will survive! (she has Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension) She can’t change her gender (let’s not go there), or her age, but she can change her weight and get to a healthy BMI. I have thoughts on that too but she is choosing to take meds with side effects while working on her weight.  Her body, her life, her decisions. She’s been trying to help my dad pack. He moves out of his house of 30 years. I’ve declined flying across the pond. My bro who is 5 hours away has also opted no. So my sister and my father’s ex wif...

Oh no… this isn’t great but maybe it is.

​ Oh no people! I had other things I wanted to talk about today but this entry has been trumped by recent events. My sister called my mom over to her place and asked my mom to drive her to the ER of the local psych hospital. This is good, this is also sad.  Sad for so so many reason. (PS. Please skip this entry if it’s too triggering) I apologise now for going off tangent.  Over a decade ago in the UK I had a male friend who was not doing well at all. He was in a UK psych ward. When the staff were looking he managed to take his own life.  As per the hospital where my sister is at. We once had a family friend whose adult son was not doing well. He was going to the psych hospital daily for treatment but really needed to be an inpatient. They didn’t have the space to keep him in. Sadly one evening at home, he took his life.  I have strong feelings about the Hospital where my sister is at. Where to start…. My first job at 16 was at McDonalds. I worked a lot despite being...

My nervous system and an hour later

​ Well hay there, where have you been? So I’ve just journaled, this will be my new thing. Do you know for the last 15 years people have been telling me to do this. Even when I’ve seen mediums, it’s one of the things they have said.  Anyhow, I’m writing this from my second home. To be honest it feels like my primary residence, but it’s not. It’s a flat that belongs to a mate who lets me stay when he is away. He is away a lot. I’ve actually lost count now of how many times I’ve stayed. I even have my family meet me here for local walks and the rest.  Tonight, I seem to have thrown my rattle. Or did I throw out the baby with the bath water. Whichever the saying is. I’ve behaved badly. I’ll probably have to explain myself later.  The story, whenever I’m here, if it’s cold, all I need to do to move the mobile thermostat to the windowsill and then the heating kicks in. Tonight it didn’t and man have I been in a fucking panic. Now seriously Leena, get a grip. -1 is cold but I am...