Thursday, 6 August 2026

Accidents in the Office IYKYK

27/07/2026 from The Office


So we’ve had an accident. To be clear, we is me, myself and I. My life is a group effort. The accident happened in the office. If you are my obedient reader (you know who you are), then you’ll know that the office is my bathtub. 


Last week, the cause of my RSI accidentally dropped the iPhone into the tub. Now I haven’t been diagnosed with repetitive strain injury, but I really need to change my ways. According to my very experienced osteopath, I have golfer’s 🏌️‍♀️ elbow. Yes folks, you’ve heard that right. In my specialness, I’ve managed to get a sports injury without even doing any sports! Is this even possible, hell yeah. My sports injury makes me chuckle, and come on… golf… really… it’s not a sport. Let’s be honest. While on the topic. Darts and pool / billiards are not sports. If you have any issues with the truth I’ve just laid, then go back and read the title of this blog. The Way it is According to Moi (me).


So because I’m a slave to Apple. (Strong words so I’m taking it back), I pay them monthly insurance. I was expecting the replacement phone to be free, sadly water damage carried an access of £79. Of well! The new phone is still in my hand about 5 inches above the water level. Have I told you how dangerously I live. 


Coach Renee was throwing out some beautiful compliments about my writing. She can see it turn into something. She might be right. Let’s see what unfolds under the stars of this universe. As a teen I wanted to write screenplays. I even took a few classes in this field during my first university degree. (Never graduated, moved countries). I use to own 2 screenplay books from 2 very different but remarkable films. Pulp Fiction and The English Patient. 


As most things in my life tie back to some sort of trauma. Even this one. These 2 books use to be on my bedroom shelf at my dad’s house. I believe they are now in a blue rubbermaid plastic container. That’s an upgrade to a black bin liner. Black garbage bag for my North American readers. 


Let’s go back to happy stuff. 

Thursday was a big day. I was in the office working with a colleague and learning how to use copilot. The whole AI 🤖 thing scares me, it still does, but if work are saying give it a go, then I will.  I have more to say on this but maybe I’ll come back and revisit the topic. For now I suggest that folks don’t go to Ai for wedding vows. If you do, my expert option is don’t get married. 


I had a hospital appointment that went well. All clear, nothing there but normal stuff. While in the waiting room the lady sitting next to me struck up a conversation. We had a common annoyance of another hospital patron who was watching YouTube at incredibly load levels. All the staff and patients would make a face or eye contact with others, yet nobody asked her to turn it down. We probably all knew that intervention would result in drama. The chair neighbour was admiring my jacket, we then proceeded to compliment each other on wearing natural fabrics vs synthetics, especially during hot weather. I told her how I get so many amazing deals on vinted. 


I left that conversation that much happier, humans need connection, it doesn’t have to be big but it’s what we need. 


I then traipsed back into town to see if I could get a walk in appointment with the Genius Bar at Apple Regent Street. What’s funny is how cocked I was that they couldn’t see me. There is a part of me that is a tiny bit princess. I wouldn’t say I act like one, but make part of my brain thinks I’m one. Who knows. They couldn’t see me and the next slot was Tuesday. truthfully I only half accepted that. I then went to another branch of Apple., Covent Garden.  This time I was told the same but that walk-in’s still exist, they just ran out for the day. 

  • sorry for the incomplete story. I wrote this 10 days ago and just haven’t had the time. Posting now none the less 

No comments: