Tuesday, 21 July 2026

Mary Poppins

I have secret 

Not many of you know this but I actually have a super power. I suppose you may have guessed by the title of this blog entry, but I can be Mary Poppins. Give me a flat or house and free rein to move, sort, tidy, arrange, rearrange and I can make genuine magic happen. Add the fact that I have ADHD and I’m a Virgo the transformation is BIG. Now for more than a year when I’m at Mr.Richmond’s place I do wonders. I then write reams of notes. Some of this is purely what I have moved. Sometimes I explain why, sometimes I give suggestions. (Let’s be honest too, I’m shit at suggestions. I’m mostly telling, ordering, directing - terrible masculine energy). 


Since Sunday I’ve been writing this novella for him. If i’m not actually writing, then I’m thinking of what I need to add etc. to the note. I think of it in the night too. 


Coach Renee has been on a well deserved break until today. She checked in on me and I told her what I was doing. She left me a rock star message. She said, “Why don’t you not leave a note.” He will just see what you have done. 


Fireworks explode in my head! Holly shit! He is a grown ass man with eyes. It’s his place, all he has to do is open any cupboard or drawer and see the magic. Aside from the huge realisation that this is the BEST option. I felt huge relief , freedom and a weight lifted. 


War and Peace is not needed, nor has there ever been any expectation for me to do anything at all. I mean I have been raised as a good girl, who keeps tidy and cleans up after herself. That’s all that’s required. (you should see how I leave hotel rooms - once I even stripped the bed. YES! too excessive) 


Now no note means that I have not shared any of my wisdom.. but it also gives him the opportunity to call me and ask for it, if he so wishes. 


PS. If you want my tidying services- call me


The last 2 nights after I’ve logged off for the day, I’ve gone on long glorious walks along the Thames. It’s almost like the universe planned it. The last night I went in one direction and this evening I went the other way. So glorious. 


I also visited my favourite friends. Old, old trees. I love trees so much! Listen to how cra cra this is. If dream man offered me a huge skating ring of a diamond ring. Or a big ass ancient oak, London plane (it’s a tree) or redwood with some land. I would choose the tree. I would hug my tree every day. (I’d hug him too)


Today I put my hand on 2 trees. I don’t even look around anymore to see if people are watching. I don’t care. All I know is that when I have my palm to the tree my heart beat slows. 


OMG! This just make me think of a boy that I loved from a long, long, long time ago. (PS. If I’ve loved you, I’ll always love you). Anyhow, whenever I even stood next to him my heart rate changed. One might think that it goes faster. That’s what you see in the movies, racing heart etc.  But no, not me. When he was near there was the deep calm and safety. I haven’t seen or spoken to him in years, but I sure hope he is well. He had the best smell too! Scrumptious 


Come on readers! Find me my person already!!!


Here are some pictures of my tree friends. 


The girth on this one! 



This one was just beautiful but I didn’t go and touch it. 


No comments: