I told my manger I love her

Friday September 11th 2026

First song of the day was one of my favourites. Beauty by The Shivers. It’s seriously worth listening to and it prompted the subject of today’s entry.

Location: Bus to the hospital for a chest X-ray 


Man I’m in a chatty mood. I went to look for the Porsche for you but it had moved. Oh well. 


So! On Monday when I was with my manager in person she treated me to a hot drink. Because I miss coach Renee so much, I now drink Matcha. 🍵 When she is back on her feet I’ll go back to Hot Chocolate, Matcha tastes like grass. Anyway, got knows what I was talking about, what tangent my brain 🧠 was surfing 🏄‍♀️ but I was saying something along the lines that I love my friends. I then said to her sitting across of me, that I love her too. I quickly followed that up with an explanation that there are 6000 kinds of Love ❤️, and how most British people are just not accustomed to saying to anyone who is not their immediate family. She completely agreed. 


Now isn’t funny how the universe works. The above conversation happened on the Monday and then last night, Thursday. My Glastonbury friend left me some voice messages and ended it with, I Love you. 🤟 


I’ve gone back to check if I’ve mentioned him the blog and I haven’t. We met at Glastonbury 2025 and we hit it off. He’s in a happy relationship so when I say hit it off. I mean as friends. He was working shifts near the pyramid stage and that’s where I spend most of time. All we did was talk loads, really fun and important conversations. By the time the weekend was over, I’ve established that he’s a soul friend for life. Sometimes you just know someone forever.


Actually yesterday was the Birthday of another soul friend, we met years ago at work and don’t really keep in touch much since he left, but I will know this man for the rest of my life. Sometimes people don’t even need to speak but you can read them. If was fun exchanging a few texts. I reminded him to get back to my blog so he knows what I’m up to. We’ll call him Mr. Molton Brown, he use to smell divine. (Bet he still does)


Back to Mr.Glastonbury, he’s the first person to say that he’s going to try and make it for a Big Birthday in 2028 in NYC. So exciting! You are all invited too. It’s going to be a blast. 💥 There is so much I can tell you about him but in a few words, he’s a really good apple 🍏. 


He sent me a instagram post from this guy who is funny but also a little bang out of order. Gosh that’s a very British term. You’ll either love him or hate him. I message him and thanked him for making me laugh and he replied. 


I was just in the lift 🛗 elevator with 2 private ambulance 🚑 technicians and their gurney thing. They are here to transport someone to Harley street. Whilst in the lift, one of the ambulance guy said that we would all play elevator trivia. What was funny was the 2 other elevator passengers. Both older men where you just know that English is not their first languageb CB . The 3 of us all kinda of looked at each other while they both looked down. Almost like that was their way of voting 🗳️ saying no thank you. So the quiz master asked what the biggest desert in the world is. I said it’s not the Sahara. He confirmed that was right. I then said, it is somewhere cold like the North Pole. He said I was close, Antarctica. I was them my stop. The 2 other men smiled. Some niceties were exchanged and I went on my merry way.


After I left the hospital there was an elderly lady staring at a Transport for London local map of the area, and then cross referencing it against a paper. I walked past her and then was drawn,  compelled to turn around. Coach Renee would say, that is Spirit. 


I asked the lady if she needed help and she sure did. Bless her, it’s so confusing. The very top right has the name of the Hospital Trust that I was at (it was 2 minutes away). But right underneath that was the name of a different medical centre that’s part of the great Hospital Trust but also 1.3 miles away. It was actual a fracture clinic and this older lady had one of her legs in a boot cast. I get terrible for her. As I’m on my phone finding the route, the bus etc, she told me that she accidentally forgot her phone at home. The poor thing. I told her that i was so sorry and if I didn’t need to be somewhere else I would have physically taken her there myself. I did tell her that I’ll walk her to the correct bus stop which is what I did. I also told her the name of the stop she needed, and showed her my phone so she had an idea of the final 5 minutes where she would need to walk. It felt good to help someone in need. She was very appreciative. 


Location: Grovesnor Gardens near Victoria admiring this art while typing. Also because I’m on my instagram break of 3 months, you get so see my pictures. 


I’ve been drawn, pulled, compelled to visit films, documentaries and podcasts about 9/11. Some of this comes from not having the time to visit the memorial in NYC in August of this year. 


This is what I have watched of listened to so far. (I will come back and edit this part)


So on September 10th, I decided that I’m going to pay my respects at the memorial in London. After the chest X-ray I went to Grovesnor Square to visit the memorial. It’s located there because the US embassy use to be there. It’s now a hotel. Sadly the square was closed today for an event. There was lots of gardeners, maintenance folks etc. chairs being set up and the lot. Bummer for me but good that something is being done today. 


Here a few photos of that. 


Then I proceeded to the monument for the UK July 7th 2025 bombings in the UK. (3 locations at the same time)


Side note, my Mark treated hundreds of victims in the A&E that day. (You’ll have to go back to really old blog entries. Mark was my friend, I loved him. He was a nurse and the chief resus officer at London NHS hospital. He also took his life years later)


Another side note that is really dawning on me more and more. My people, my friends, the one I love, the ones I care for, the ones I’m aligned to. We are all or mostly service people. Army, Police, NHS, Civil Servants. People that serve the public to make this life better. And of course some of them move into the private sector once they have had enough but they still gave their time. 


I know very few people that are bankers and those who work in industry. I’m ok with that. I love my people all the more. 


Here are pictures of the July 7th. Memorial. I love that the names represent this city. People of many cultures and walks of life. 



So many hours later. 

Fast forward. I was in town to meet Cauli where we attend Queen Elizabeth clothing exhibition. 


It was good. Just as we had finished the exhibit, I get 2 WhatsApp calls from my aunt. First know that I HATE WhatsApp so I reject all calls. About 5 minutes later when we were really really done I said to Cauli that I need to call my aunt. I explained that they never call me. If they have, someone has died or they need something. The aunt who called is married to my mom’s eldest brother who has recently but been very well. 


I called and sadly I was right. An uncle had died, not the one I had thought, but the one married to the aunt who’s having the big sleepover party in 2 weeks time. See previous entry. He was 71. Not only had my aunt called to pass the news, I was formally asked if I could go to the hospital to represent the maternal side of the family. “There was 30 + of my deceased uncle’s side and nobody from our side”. I would have gone anyway but I went with 2 hats 🧢 on. My own and my families. 


Because I was in central London it was easier to take 3 tubes to the hospital vs getting to mine and then driving to the hospital. (Side note, I think that is soooo shift how hospital parking costs in the UK is so stupid high. It also very far from home).


It’s such an interesting thing being in hospital room with a dead body and a family deeply mourning. My aunt and uncle had 3 daughters who were all there. Their eldest is 6 months older than me. I stayed at the hospital for about 3 hours and then the group went to the family home. This will be the rountine now for a while until the funeral is set. It’s like how the Jews sit shiva. You gather together to mourn and remember. 


I’ll be back there tomorrow etc


Sadly I’m really not well so I have to take care. Once I was home o had a call with my mom, brother and sister to recount the day’s events. It was  hard, there is arguing on the call, my mother talks to me in some idiot stupid voice where she strains her voice. It’s a fucking joke and I’m tired as fuck. 


What I need is antibiotics and I need to not get more sick. I don’t have time for pneumonia right now. Also do I ask for annual leave?


Xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should have declined the call

Oh no… this isn’t great but maybe it is.

My nervous system and an hour later