Tactical wee before I make an exit
Starting this entry on Sunday September 6th at Moseley folk festival.
Both of us were feeling a bit better so we talked a little bit more.
Sadly I still had a bad headache so I had osteopathy treatment again with Chris at 16:30 for 30 minutes. It was funny because he said he felt good about how much work he had done on me the previous day. I told him I felt the same way. Non the less when he started working on my neck, head and shoulders there was plenty to do. He asked if I slept funny? It’s a hotel bed with a series of pillows. Who knows.
My appetite is all over the place, I’m not that hungry. We shared pizza for dinner and I’ve just vomited 🤮 that in the portaloo. I really don’t recommend, it’s not fun at all. There is a series of reasons and we will never know why. Is it that I still have a migraine, could it be that something is medically wrong with me (possibly SIBO), the blue liquid stuff in the toilet has such a strong smell that, that made me start coughing. Also earlier people were smoking 🚬 around me and I can’t take the smell. I can’t handle most smells really.
Sad times being me. Mr.Richmond even called me today to say that he’s worried about my heath. Very sweet of him to ring.
Continued Monday morning, typing at hotel breakfast. Miss Steiner left before 8 and I’ll head into the office this morning.
I took painkillers last night as I knew I needed to sleep. It’s funny because I have strange dreams when I’m have pharmaceuticals in my body.
On Sunday at the festival I got a text from my mom asking if I could talk. I still haven’t figured out what works best for me. I could have texted, I’m at a festival, can it wait until Monday, then I also think I could have the day at the festival to absorb the news, I could have also asked what it’s regarding. I did none of that and just called. It was slightly awkward, it always is. She said she’ll be in England sooner than planned. She is currently due at the end of October. She explained that her sister who lives less than 30 minutes for me if have a sleepover weekend with all the sibs and the husbands / wives. This aunt (the host) is the most nostalgic of the whole family. She was married at 15 and had been fully absorbed and taken in by her husband’s family. I know them too. A nice bunch. I also lived with this aunt for my first 3 London summers as a teen and then my first year in 2001.
So other than my grandparents kids and spouses, there are 3 exception invites. 3 nieces are invited. All of whom are the eldest daughters of the oldie sisters. 2 are in there 50’s and 60’s and now I’ve been invited. This is progress on my mom’s part. She now tries to advocate for me by using her voice. This is new to her. For decades she would fly to England and attend family weddings. What a sane person would spend on a house deposit was instead on a wedding. Back in the olden days, other families would put everyone up. It was a great big sleep over with a shower schedule that was made the night before. Food was cooked at home amongst the homes and it was a fun time. Now everyone stays in hotels and gets caterers. Anyhow, even back then, some of the aunts would make sure that their kids were in the same house. Kind of makes sense. Almost non of the grandchildren (me) live in the same city or country as the parent. I always thought how shit the whole deal is. I never see my mom, and even when she is in the same fucking country she can’t say, “Hey I would like to see my offspring.”.
So now I need to decide what I’ll do, I have an idea already. On the call, my mom asked if I could take her to a store to get some savoury snacks that she’ll bring back to Canada. I told her that I’m happy to do that. I think I’ll spend some of Friday and Saturday at the house and sleep at mine for sure. I think I’ll stay at home on Sunday.
Heathy diet will go out the window. 🪟 at least my Birthday will have passed.
Final thoughts on the host of the shindig. She and her husband worked 7 days a week for decades running up to 3 news agents for years. North American folks, think 7/11, convenient store, corner store etc.
Side note - I was forced to work there on Sunday for free for 3 years. I’m well versed with ‘topping up’ the gas meter, silk cut, BH. For translation. For the poor, gas (to heat your home and cook) is pre sold, silk cut and benson and hedges are cigarettes 🚬.
Back to my aunt (there is 8 sisters so don’t expect to keep up). I’m pleased she is doing this. Her home is big enough to corral the crew. There will be lots of talking, singing and crying. English will be limited but I actually can understand my mother’s mother tongue. Most of you don’t know that. I can’t speak it but 80% of conversations I can follow. I only hear my mother’s mother tongue at Tesco amongst the check out clerks who talk to one another.
Ok! Let’s recap the festival. Do to feeling like pants 🩲 I sat in my trusty chair, listened to the tunes and people watched. I could people watch for the rest of my life. The human condition is fascinating.
There was a whole lot of connecting and couple who appear to be doing the work. Of course I’ll never know for sure but you can sense it. Again - infatuation of the summer James Sexton talks a lot about this. The thing that keeps people together and happy.
First 2 are just older couples that seemed happy.



This couple, I really liked. They had 3 kids, 2 sons and a daughter. They were all mostly well behaved. There was family part of the day when hay was thrown about. These kids had sooo much fun with hay. (You don’t need an iPad). The other thing I liked is the dad had to discipline his son with a firm word. He did hold the upper bicep of his son firmly but I would not class that as child abuse. Also I don’t think he shouted though I would never know. The dad’s face was stern and I think he used tone of voice vs volume.

This next family were so damn cute. They danced a lot. I would like to hope that I will always attend festivals and go camping. We need to be outdoors and we need live music. Don’t get me started with this Ai generated music shit.
Ok
Love you
X
Oops! I forget to explain the subject of this entry. Because I sat in silence most of the day, I would just listen to people. A guy behind me said this, “time for a tactical wee before I make an exit” you can’t get more British and blokey as that.
Comments